When dealing with such a large variety of personalities, some base rules need to be followed.
We call this the Honor Code and every participant is required to follow it.
- Contribute to the fun of the event. What does this mean? First, come to the event to have good time. Second, don’t ruin someone else’s fun by harassing, disrespecting, or being a jerk. This event is a held by the populace, for the populace and therefore we are contributing to its success.
- Play at your own risk and don’t sue us, but here is the legal jargon: Attendees assume full responsibility for any risk of bodily injury, death, or property damage, now and forever, arising out of or related to participation and/or instruction in said activities, or any related, operations, whether foreseen or unforeseen and whether caused by the negligence of the Releasees or otherwise.
- Minors must be supervised at all time by legal guardians. We do not offer babysitting, background checks on volunteers or any other service that implies that you do not need to watch your own kids at all times. We have several activities such as workshops and entertainment for our younger attendees, but parents are still required to watch their kids.
- Keep the public event areas family friendly in public areas, from dawn to dusk.
- No ground fires, if you wish to have a fire, ask the gate for the fire marshal.
- Vehicles are not permitted to drive through public event areas during the public hours and must be moved to the parking lot as soon as possible.
- Site tokens shall be clearly worn while in event areas.
- Event participants grant permission to use their likeness in a photograph in any and all of its publications, including websites entries, without payment or any other consideration.
- Pick up after yourself. Do not throw cigarette butts on the ground. If you bring pets, you are responsible for picking up their waste. If camping, before leaving the site, check your camping area for trash. Put all trash and waste into the trash cans.
If you choose to break the Code, you’ll find yourself out of the event.